SHC Search

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dashing!

Now that vacation is over, I am back on task, and making progress. I finished cleaning up a few pieces and installed them, like the heater box, fan and water pump pulley, belt, throttle linkage and dust shields. I also stayed late one night in the garage and cleaned up, sorting through the many bags and boxes for missing screws.

The dash was a project that I wanted to make look real nice, after all it is right in front of my face! I purchased a new dash from eBay last year for around $40, minus the gauges, because my old dash was missing a large chunk under the wiper switch. You couldn't really see that it was missing, but it needed replaced. So, I stripped the core down and then started to prep it for the new start button.

I masked off the rings and painted the rest off the dash, leaving the chrome exposed. I know this is not correect, but it looks nice. The gauges were restored by a previous owner, and still look great.

I had to repaint the inside of the gauge cluster, and create new glass bumpers for each lens.



When I was finished I installed the new headlight switch, rebuilt the wiper switch, and put the start button in. I have a new lighter element, but need the dash piece still.

No comments: