SHC Search

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some Progress...



Zach gave me my inspiration today. He said, "Dad, you don't have to do it all in one day. Just do a little bit every day, and it will get done." So I took this pearl of wisdom, and the new 5-speed and headed out to the garage. I srtripped the old block down, removing the heads, balancer, timing cover and oil pan. I threw the old iron heads back on so that I could sell the long block. The pistons have "STD" on the top, so that leads me to believe that the block has not been bored out...and it is a good "010", high-nickel block with 2 bolt mains.


I am keeping my Performer RPM aluminum heads and vintage Torker intake....I know everyone says to go with a new intake, but I love that old gem.

New parts on the way, and I'm gettin' busy!

No comments: